Thursday, September 20, 2012

Props & Accessories

So, ever since I can remember I've really loved miniatures.  What better way to enjoy them than to have dolls that you make room settings for and fill with tiny versions of what you may find in your own home?  I've added a few new items to Kess's apartment this last week:



I found the vase with the roses in the minature section of Hobby Lobby.  It's a smaller scale than what would normally be good for an MSD, but because it's on her nightstand it looks better smaller.  Besides, the flowers match her room perfectly!
I also bought the little glass bottle at Hobby Lobby.  I found it in the scrap booking section and it came in a package with several other bottles in various sizes.  I filled it with some beach sand from my collection and set the tiny sea shells (from my collection as well) next to it. 

 

This evening I made a little doggy bed for Kess's puppy Puff.  I found a pair of miniature baskets at Hobby Lobby (it's one of my favorite craft stores, can you tell? ;0)).  This is the smaller of two baskets.  I cut off the handle with a pair of wire cutters and made the cushion with cotton fabric and fiber fill.  It was a quick and easy project that took me about 20 minutes to make. I think he likes it!

 
Last week I worked on these canvas totes for MSD sized BJD's.  They are fully lined with a contrasting or matching fabric on the inside.  You can find them in my Etsy Shop
 

 
Here are Kess & Puff modeling one of the totes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment